OFFICIAL RULES OF 2019 KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL
PEGASUS PIN SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
The Kentucky Derby Festival will conduct Weekly Grand Prize Drawings beginning Friday, March 15, through Friday, May 3. Grand Prizes will be awarded each week on the 7PM WAVE 3 TV Newscast. The final Gold Pin Grand Prize will be awarded on Friday, May 10, on the 7PM WAVE 3 TV Newscast. Check pegasuspins.com for complete details.
- To participate: No purchase necessary. A free official Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program envelope may be picked up at the Kentucky Derby Festival office, 1001 S. Third Street, Louisville, KY 40203 during normal business hours. Limit one per person per day.
- Weekly Grand Prize Drawings: Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelopes contain a Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Registration Card. Everyone who purchases a 2019 Pegasus Pin Sponsorship and receives a Pegasus Pin and registers their alphanumeric-coded card number using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to pegasuspins.com is eligible for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings. Weekly Grand Prize Drawings will take place on WAVE 3 TV each Friday beginning Friday, March 15 and continuing through Friday, May 10, 2019. Winners will be announced on the 7:00PM WAVE 3 Newscast. Registrations must be completed by 5:00PM the Wednesday prior to each Weekly Grand Prize Drawing. Individuals are responsible for properly registering for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings. The Kentucky Derby Festival is not responsible for lost or stolen Registration Cards.
- Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize: Some Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelopes contain a gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Registration Card or a certificate redeemable as a “Gold Winner” Pegasus Pin. The gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin and associated alphanumeric-coded Gold Pin Registration Card is evidence of your eligibility for the Final Grand Prize Drawing.
- Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Registration: If your official Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelope contains a gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Gold Pin Registration Card, you become eligible to register for the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing. To be eligible for the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Winner Pin Grand Prize Drawing, you must register your gold-colored, “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin and associated alphanumeric code using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to www.pegasuspins.com. The gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin is yours to keep.
- Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing: The Kentucky Derby Festival will conduct a Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing on Friday, May 10, 2019, on WAVE 3 TV. For details on the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing, log on to the Festival website, pegasuspins.com or call the Kentucky Derby Festival at 502-584-FEST. To be eligible for the prize drawing, entries must be received no later than 5:00PM, Wednesday, May 8, 2019. To register for the prize, you must fill out a registration form using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to www.pegasuspins.com.
- Registration Form: The registration form for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings and Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing must include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number and email address if available. Winners who reside outside of Jefferson County, Kentucky, and/or Clark County, Indiana, may mail their Registration Card with the alphanumeric code located inside the Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelope along with the required information to Kentucky Derby Festival, 1001 S. Third Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40203, in a securely packaged envelope by registered mail. The Pegasus Pin or gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin is yours to keep and does not need to be mailed with the Registration Card containing your alphanumeric identification code. All registrations for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings must be received on or before 5:00PM each Wednesday, prior to the Friday Drawings and, by 5:00PM Wednesday, May 8, 2019, for the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize drawing.
- Timely Registration: Participants are solely responsible for timely registration for the Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prize Drawings and Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing. Registration is available using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going online to pegasuspins.com. Participants waive all claims against the Kentucky Derby Festival for lost or stolen Pegasus Pin Registration Card or Gold Pin Winner Registration Card information.
- Participation: You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program. To win the Evan Williams “Speakeasy Bourbon Party” or Cox’s and Makers Mark Bourbon Experience you must be 21 years of age or older. To win the Honda CR-V Vehicle, you must have a valid driver’s license.
- Prizes: All prizes will be awarded F.O.B. Louisville, Kentucky. Winners are responsible for any taxes, licenses or related fees. Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prizes and the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize may not be substituted or redeemed for cash or otherwise (except as provided below). Winners’ rights may not be transferred or assigned. Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prize Winners and the Gold Pin Grand Prize Winner must furnish the Festival with two (2) forms of identification to claim prize.
- Cash option: The winner of the Honda CR-V Vehicle Grand Prize may decline acceptance of this prize (in writing on documents provided by the Festival for that purpose) in exchange for an alternative cash prize of $20,000.
- Taxes: All taxes which the Festival must withhold from a Weekly Grand Prize Winner or Gold Pin Grand Prize Winner as a matter of law must be paid to the Festival before or at the time a Grand Prize is received. In addition, a Grand Prize recipient must furnish the Festival with a statement of the Grand Prize recipient’s name, address, and taxpayer identification number (Social Security number) on a form provided by the Festival. Such form (which may be federal Form W-2G or Form 5754, whichever is applicable) is to be completed in full under the penalties of perjury.
- Winners: Winners grant the Festival permission to use their names and photos in advertising and publicity without additional compensation.
- Ineligibility: Persons in any one of the following categories are not eligible to participate: Employees, directors or agents of the Festival; persons engaged in any way with the production or development of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Program promotion; and the immediate family or members of the household of any ineligible person.
- Odds Of Becoming A Gold Pin Winner: The Odds of becoming a Gold Pin Winner are approximately 1 in 20. Odds of winning the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Pin Winner Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program Grand Prize depend on the number of properly validated entries received from the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or on-line at www.pegasuspins.com by Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Approximately 12,000 “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pins are available to be distributed during the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program promotion. A total of nine Weekly Grand Prizes will be awarded during an eight-week period beginning Friday March 15 and one (1) Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize will be awarded Friday, May 10 during the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program promotion.
- Other Rules: Other rules, regulations, restrictions and qualifications may apply to particular prizes.
- Rules: Interpretation of rules of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program shall rest solely with the Festival, whose decision will be final for all purposes.
- Disclaimer: By submitting your email address as part of the Pegasuspins.com registration process, you agree to receive promotional emails and other materials from Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc. and its affiliates. Information requested is for Kentucky Derby Festival marketing purposes and will be shared only with Kentucky Derby Festival approved third parties.
© 2019 KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL, INC.