What is a Pegasus Pin Sponsorship?Why Buy A Pegasus Pin?
The Pegasus Pin sponsorship program began as an awareness campaign for the Derby Festival in 1973. At that time, only 10,000 of the plastic pins were produced. The 1973 version of the pin is valued at $800-$1,000 and it’s rare to find them.
Since then, the pins have become one of the primary sources of funding for Derby Festival events. A pin sponsorship investment is a way fans can support the Kentucky Derby Festival, a not-for-profit organization providing world-class entertainment. More than 250,000 of the pins are produced each year.
The Pegasus Pin Program is more exciting than ever and offers more opportunities to WIN PRIZES.
The Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Program Grand Prize Drawings are being suspended at this time. Derby Festival recognizes the importance of public health and safety – it is always the Festival’s top priority and we appreciate everything that is being done to help protect all of us.
Have A Pin? Here’s What You Need to Know:
- If you have purchased a Pegasus Pin, hang on to it while we work through the process of rescheduling the Festival for later in the year. The schedule may look a little different as we move things into a new timeframe, but our goal is to have Thunder Over Louisville, the miniMarathon, the Pegasus Parade, Fest-a-Ville and the Chow Wagon, as well as many other events in between.
- You can continue to register online HERE at pegasuspins.com. Once the re-scheduling of Kentucky Derby Festival events is confirmed the Pegasus Pin Program and Grand Prize Drawings will resume. We still have 8 great prizes available, as well as a 2020 Honda CR-V!
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website, pegasuspins.com
The Official Rules of the 2020
KDF Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program.
The Kentucky Derby Festival will conduct Weekly Grand Prize Drawings beginning Friday, March 13, through Friday, May 1, 2020. Grand Prizes will be awarded each week on the 7PM WAVE 3 TV Newscast. The final Gold Pin Grand Prize will be awarded on Friday, May 8, 2020 on the 7PM WAVE 3 TV Newscast. Check pegasuspins.com for complete details.
1. To participate: No purchase necessary. A free official Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program envelope may be picked up at the Kentucky Derby Festival office, 1001 S. Third Street, Louisville, KY 40203 during normal business hours. Limit one per person per day.
2. Weekly Grand Prize Drawings: Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelopes contain a Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Registration Card. Everyone who purchases a 2020 Pegasus Pin Sponsorship and receives a Pegasus Pin and registers their alphanumeric-coded card number using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to www.pegasuspins.com is eligible for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings. Weekly Grand Prize Drawings will take place on WAVE 3 TV each Friday beginning Friday, March 13 and continuing through Friday, May 1, 2020. Winners will be announced on the 7:00PM WAVE 3 Newscast. Registrations must be completed by 5:00PM the Wednesday prior to each Weekly Grand Prize Drawing. Individuals are responsible for properly registering for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings. The Kentucky Derby Festival is not responsible for lost or stolen Registration Cards.
3. Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize: Some Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelopes contain a gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Registration Card or a certificate redeemable as a “Gold Winner” Pegasus Pin. The gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin and associated alphanumeric-coded Gold Pin Registration Card is evidence of your eligibility for the Final Grand Prize Drawing.
4. Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Registration: If your official Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelope contains a gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin attached to an alphanumeric-coded Gold Pin Registration Card, you become eligible to register for the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing. To be eligible for the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Winner Pin Grand Prize Drawing, you must register your gold-colored, “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin and associated alphanumeric code using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to www.pegasuspins.com. The gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin is yours to keep.
5. Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing: The Kentucky Derby Festival will conduct a Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing on Friday, May 8, 2020, on WAVE 3 TV. For details on the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing, log on to the Festival website, www.pegasuspins.com or call the Kentucky Derby Festival at 502-584-FEST. To be eligible for the prize drawing, entries must be received no later than 5:00PM, Wednesday, May 6, 2020. To register for the prize, you must fill out a registration form using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going on-line to www.pegasuspins.com.
6. Registration Form: The registration form for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings and Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing must include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number and email address if available. Winners who reside outside of Jefferson County, Kentucky, and/or Clark County, Indiana, may mail their Registration Card with the alphanumeric code located inside the Pegasus Pin Sponsorship envelope along with the required information to Kentucky Derby Festival, 1001 S. Third Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40203, in a securely packaged envelope by registered mail. The Pegasus Pin or gold-colored “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pin is yours to keep and does not need to be mailed with the Registration Card containing your alphanumeric identification code. All registrations for the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings must be received on or before 5:00PM each Wednesday, prior to the Friday Drawings and, by 5:00PM Wednesday, May 6, 2020, for the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize drawing.
7. Timely Registration: Participants are solely responsible for timely registration for the Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prize Drawings and Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing. Registration is available using the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or by going online to www.pegasuspins.com. Participants waive all claims against the Kentucky Derby Festival for lost or stolen Pegasus Pin Registration Card or Gold Pin Winner Registration Card information.
8. Participation: You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program. To win the Evan Williams “Speakeasy Bourbon Party” or Cox’s and Makers Mark Bourbon Experience you must be 21 years of age or older. To win the Honda CR-V Vehicle, you must have a valid driver’s license.
9. Prizes: All prizes will be awarded F.O.B. Louisville, Kentucky. Winners are responsible for any taxes, licenses or related fees. Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prizes and the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize may not be substituted or redeemed for cash or otherwise (except as provided below). Winners’ rights may not be transferred or assigned. Kentucky Derby Festival Weekly Grand Prize Winners and the Gold Pin Grand Prize Winner must furnish the Festival with two (2) forms of identification to claim prize.
10. Cash option: The winner of the Honda CR-V Vehicle Grand Prize may decline acceptance of this prize (in writing on documents provided by the Festival for that purpose) in exchange for an alternative cash prize of $20,000.
11. Taxes: All taxes which the Festival must withhold from a Weekly Grand Prize Winner or Gold Pin Grand Prize Winner as a matter of law must be paid to the Festival before or at the time a Grand Prize is received. In addition, a Grand Prize recipient must furnish the Festival with a statement of the Grand Prize recipient’s name, address, and taxpayer identification number (Social Security number) on a form provided by the Festival. Such form (which may be federal Form W-2G or Form 5754, whichever is applicable) is to be completed in full under the penalties of perjury.
12. Winners: Winners grant the Festival permission to use their names and photos in advertising and publicity without additional compensation.
13. Ineligibility: Persons in any one of the following categories are not eligible to participate: Employees, directors or agents of the Festival; persons engaged in any way with the production or development of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Program promotion; and the immediate family or members of the household of any ineligible person.
14. Odds Of Becoming A Gold Pin Winner: The Odds of becoming a Gold Pin Winner are approximately 1 in 20. Odds of winning the Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Pin Winner Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program Grand Prize depend on the number of properly validated entries received from the Kentucky Derby Festival APP or on-line at www.pegasuspins.com by Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Approximately 12,000 “GOLD WINNER” Pegasus Pins are available to be distributed during the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program promotion. A total of nine Weekly Grand Prizes will be awarded during an eight-week period beginning Friday March 13 and one (1) Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize will be awarded Friday, May 8 during the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program promotion.
15. Other Rules: Other rules, regulations, restrictions and qualifications may apply to particular prizes.
16. Rules: Interpretation of rules of the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program shall rest solely with the Festival, whose decision will be final for all purposes.
17. Disclaimer: By submitting your email address as part of the Pegasuspins.com registration process, you agree to receive promotional emails and other materials from Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc. and its affiliates. Information requested is for Kentucky Derby Festival marketing purposes and will be shared only with Kentucky Derby Festival approved third parties.
© 2020 KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL, INC.
Why a Pegasus?
The Pegasus Pin was modeled after the Kentucky Derby Festival’s traditional symbol of the Pegasus, which was established with the very first Pegasus Parade (The Pegasus Parade was also the event that started it all!). Dubbed the “Pegasus” Parade for the winged horse of Greek mythology, the first event was to symbolize the magic, energy and excitement the Festival hoped to generate before it was fully established.
How much is a Pegasus Pin?
The Pegasus Pins are $6.00 if you buy them in advance from one of our retail partners, and $7.00 at the gate of the event.
The Festival Fun Pack has the best savings for a Family – 5 Pegasus Pins in one envelope, for $25.00. (That’s $5 in savings!)
When can I buy a Pegasus Pin?
The Pegasus Pin Program kicks off when pins arrive at all retailers on March 2nd, 2020!
Where can I buy a Pegasus Pin?
Purchase NOW by visiting our online store HERE.
We’re in retailers across Louisville and Southern Indiana, including grocery stores like Kroger & Meijer, pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS, and many local shops! Click here to view the full list of Pegasus Pin retailers.
Why should I register my pin?
Registering your pins unlocks your chances to win in the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program!
Each week you’ll have the opportunity to win in one of the Weekly Grand Prize Drawings.
Registering your Gold Pin Sponsorship also makes you eligible for a chance to win the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize, a donated 2020 Honda CR-V from Kentuckiana Honda Dealers..
Which pins can I register?
You can register ANY Pegasus Pin! The Pegasus Pin is a $6.00 minimum sponsorship investment and comes in a Pegasus Pin Envelope with a Registration Card. This includes both the Main plastic Pegasus Pin & the Gold Winner Plastic Pegasus Pin. (Metal pins are not eligible.)
What are my chances of winning with a pin?
Anyone who becomes a Pegasus Pin Sponsor by purchasing a Pin at $6 or more, wins by supporting the Festival’s ability to produce FREE events for the community. Pegasus Pin sponsor (purchasers) can register for the eight (8) Weekly Prize Drawings, and receive a bundle of offers from some of our corporate sponsors.
Approximately 1 in 20 Pegasus Sponsorship envelopes contain a Gold Winner Pegasus Pin (the Gold version of the Pegasus Pin), which is the only Pin eligible for the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize, a donated 2020 Honda CR-V from Kentuckiana Honda Dealers.
How many pins can I register?
You can register as many pins as you want! The more pins you purchase to Sponsor the Festival, the more chances you will have to win.
What are the Coupon Offers?
You can find a full list of the Coupon offers HERE.
What is the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program?
It is the many benefits that Pegasus Pin Sponsors receive when they support the Kentucky Derby Festival by purchasing an Official 2020 Pegasus Pin for $6 or more. Proceeds from the sales of Pegasus Pins allow the Festival to provide free events to the public like the Pegasus Parade & Thunder Over Louisville, just to name a few.
In addition to Free Entry to all Pin Admission Festival Events, the Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program includes the following benefits:
- Every 2020 Pegasus Pin, including Gold Pin Winners, are eligible to win a Weekly Grand Prize, which begins in March 2020.
- Gold Winner Pegasus Pins are eligible for the Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize of a 2020 Honda CR-V. The Gold Pin Winner Grand Prize Drawing will be held on Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Your Gold Winner Pegasus Pin is yours to keep after registering for the Grand Prize Drawings online.
*In order to be eligible for these benefits, Pegasus Pin Sponsors (purchasers) must register their pins by downloading the Festival’s app or at pegasuspins.com and entering the registration code. Each Pegasus Pin Envelope includes a “registration card” with an alphanumeric number and three (3) valuable coupons.
What is the Festival Fun Pack of Pegasus Pins?
Festival Fun Packs are $25.00. Packs have five (5) individual Pegasus Pins. This bundled opportunity offers $5 in savings, as well as exclusive coupon offers geared toward family fun from Festival Sponsors.
How many possible prizes are there?
There are ten (10) Weekly Grand Prize drawings, over the course of eight (8) weeks, with most Prizes valued at $2,500 or more. You can find a full list of those HERE.
With a Gold Winner Pegasus Pin, an additional 11th Grand Prize of a 2020 Honda CR-V from Kentuckiana Honda Dealers is possible.
Does my child need a Pegasus Pin to get into events?
Children age 6 and under will not need a Pegasus Pin to get into events! All other children and adults will need their own Pegasus Pins to get into Pin Admission events. You can find a list of those events HERE, or find more information about our events in general by visiting our Event Schedule.
Which pins can I use to get into events?
You can use any 2020 Pegasus Pin to get into Pin Admission events. This includes the Official 2020 Pegasus Pin (plastic), the 2020 Gold Pegasus Pin (plastic), any of the 2020 Event Pins (metal), the 2020 Exchange Pin (plastic), 2020 BB&T BalloonFest Balloon Pins (metal), and 2020 Corporate Pins (metal).
What are event pins?
Event pins are a collection of metal Pins created every year to represent select Derby Festival events. Each Pin represents a different event, which means that there are sometimes over 100 different designs to be collected. Each metal event pin can be used as entry to Pin Admission events, and are typically seen as collector items. Most event pins are $8.
Where do Pegasus Pin proceeds go?
Proceeds from the sales of Pegasus Pins allow the Festival to provide free events to the public such as the Republic Bank Pegasus Parade and Thunder Over Louisville just to name a few. In all over 60% of the events are free to the public.
If you have any further questions about the Pegasus Pin Sponsorship Program, please contact the Pin Program for more information at (502) 572-3846 or email at PegasusPins@kdf.org.